Campgrounds are available within Forsyth.
Forsyth, MT is the county seat for the county of Rosebud, a small city with a population of 1,944, taken in the 2000 census. The tourist information centre for Custer Country is on Front Street and provides interesting tourist activities pertinent to the history and geography of the region. Custer Country comprises many small towns, in addition to Montana's biggest centre, Billings.
A local character from the early 20th century was jeweller Walter Dean Jr. who ran a jewellery and drugstore business in the town for forty years, and served as an agent for Eastman Kodak. His photographs were famous are credited with assisting in the development of the area.
- tourist information centre for Custer Country, holiday area
- Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument
- Pompeys Pillar National Monument
- many state parks in vicinity
- Rosebud County Museum
- gift shops
- near to Yellowstone River for canoeing and rafting